Coconut Oil has been launched to the popularity pages in recent years and has become a wonder ingredient in the beauty world. From taming frizzy hair to the perfect pedicure, how can you use Coconut Oil in your skincare routine? We’re glad you asked!
- The saturated fats in Coconut Oil keep your skin smooth and soft to the touch, and also act as a protective barrier to keep moisture in.
- Average lotions and creams have high water content, but Coconut Oil absorbs into skin quickly and effectively making it a powerful moisturizer.
- The Vitamin E found in Coconut Oil is useful at soothing eczema and psoriasis, and can even help heal bug bites due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- 3 fatty acids in Coconut Oil- capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid- aid in germ killing and preventing fungal infection in skin.
- Elbows, knees and heels are notorious for dry, cracked, leathery skin and Coconut Oil is excellent at penetrating these to tough to moisturizer areas.
- Tip: Using Isle of Luxe is a double-whammy for skin because your pre-Coconut Oil prep work is already done! The Mediterranean & Pacific sea salts exfoliate dead skin away to allow the oil to penetrate skin deeply, treating to you soft, smooth skin with a new glow.
- A coin sized amount of Coconut oil helps to tame frizz and calm fly-aways instantly when applied to dry hair.
- Save your hair from the pool and the beach this Summer by applying a mask of Coconut Oil before you go out; your strands will be protected from the sun, wind, salt and chlorine that can be drying and damaging.
- The fatty acids in Coconut Oil allow it to penetrate the hair shaft, so a sleeping mask works great to condition and repair locks. Apply it from root to tip, comb, put into a bun or ponytail and cover with a shower cap to sleep. In the morning rinse with shampoo and conditioner.