Coconut Lime Loaf Cake, by Two Peas & Their Pod
Read about this recipe and see photos here!
For the cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lime zest
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, divided
For the lime glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lime zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs, lime juice and coconut extract.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Stir in a 1/2 cup coconut. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut over the loaf cake. Pound on the counter so the loaf cake is evenly set in the pan.
5. Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the loaf cake with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
6. While the loaf cake is cooling, make the lime glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lime juice. Drizzle the glaze of the cooled loaf cake. Cut into slices and serve.
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 limes, juiced & zested
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine coconut milk, skim milk and sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool fully.
When the milk mixture has cooled, stir in lime juice and zest, and shredded coconut.
Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds. Freeze at least 3-4 hours.
To remove the popsicles, run the molds under hot water for a few seconds
And of course… our Lime Coco-Lada Glowing Body Polish!
Park your beach chair in the tropics with our personal favorite… if you can’t be oceanside it certainly doesn’t hurt to pretend! Sweety, milky Coconut & sharp tangy Lime is your perfect vacation in a bottle. Dive in!